Training code of conduct
For all training sessions swimmers should:
- Where possible arrive in good time to stretch, 15 – 20 minutes before start time.
- Have all your equipment with you, i.e. fins, paddles; kick boards, hats, goggles, drink etc.
- Use the lavatory before training begins and always inform the coach if you need to leave the pool during training.
- Listen to what your coach is telling you.
- Always swim to the wall as you do in a race, and practice turns as instructed.
- Do not stop and stand in the lane, you may get injured.
- Do not pull on the ropes as this affects and may injure other swimmers.
- Do not skip lengths or sets you are only cheating yourself.
- Think about what you are doing during training.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.holywellswimmingclub.co.uk/training-code-of-conduct/